Torchlight Technology is looking for a Digital Content Manager to join our growing team in Center City, Philadelphia. You’ll be the ideal candidate for this position if you can:
- Write daily blog posts for several of our websites. This will include rewriting existing articles on topics such as senior health, finance, pet ownership, and health insurance. Articles are all between 300-750 words with one or two citations to credible sources.
- Organize images to go along with published articles. Either find relevant memes to pair with articles, or have the ability to create original meme images.
- Identify the most trafficked articles and write corresponding scripts to create short video clips (between 90 seconds and 2 minutes) that will be recorded by voice/acting talent.
- Upload video content to our YouTube channels, optimize each video and clean up subtitles and CC.
- Manage weekly newsletters for several of our websites. Each newsletter should include content from different writers and categories across that site, which will be inserted into newsletter templates in Constant Contact. You will be responsible for writing the Subject Lines and Preheaders for each email, as well as scheduling out each email and tracking the analytics. You will report back to the marketing team about the results, and help to figure out ways to tweak and tailor content to get the best open rates & interactions from our audiences.
- Work with the Social Team to draft posts and drive engagement across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, other social networks.
- Research ideas for new topics and articles for our multiple web properties.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written communication skills. Possess an authentic voice and can easily move between voices and brands. Previous experience writing scripts for videos a plus.
- Basic Photoshop skills. Premiere video editing skills a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel / Google Docs & Sheets
- Basic knowledge of the content side of SEO.
- Basic knowledge of (email platform) and email marketing.
- Organized, able to manage multiple projects on a weekly basis.
- Extremely proficient in all social media platforms. Experience managing and reporting on multiple social media accounts a plus.
- Collaborative attitude, unafraid to ask questions or propose new ideas.